Healthcare data resources
Below is a list of healthcare data resources that you can use for your own activities or events. There are useful tools that show information in a visual way for a quick insight, but you can also access underlying data (in some cases) to do analysis and interpret yourself. This is a working list, so if you have any resources that you think should be added please Tweet us for now.
- Monitoring Service Delivery in South Africa During COVID-19 by International Budget Partnership. "The Asivikelane initiative gives voice to informal settlement residents in South Africa’s major cities who are faced with severe basic service shortages during the COVID-19 crisis"
- Location and services of hospitals and clinics
- Wazimap: uses Census 2011 and Community Survey 2016 data to show where people are living and what age groups/ education/ income levels. This can be compared to the type and location of healthcare services to see if services match likely demand.
- SA Health Products Regulatory Authority (SAHPRA) lists of over-the-counter (OTC) medicine information, licensed medical device and pharmaceutical manufacturers/ distributors, health products and veterinary products.
- GNU Health: is a Free/Libre project for health practitioners, health institutions and governments. It provides the functionality of Electronic Medical Record (EMR), Hospital Management (HMIS) and Health Information System (HIS).